Subject: Dual Pentiums/Neptune chipset?
From: "Michael S. Crumpler" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 1995 11:14:42 -0500 (CDT)

Hi all,
I know that there has been a lot of talk/controversy/speculation about 
which platform to use for Lightwave. It seems that the Pentium running 
the Triton chipset and certain other hardware/software gives good 
performance (for most people anyway). We're looking at purchasing a new system
 to use at 
work and have been allocated funds to do so (within reason; we've got 
about 5k to play with). 
	We would like to run a dual Pentium 133 MHz system with the NT OS.
 After searching around, we've been told that there is NOT a dual Pentium with 
the Triton chipset. We've been told that there IS a dual Neptune set 
available. Is this true? If it is, has anyone out there got a dual 
Pentium with the Neptune chipset? If so, how does it perform?
	I know, Lightwave is not multi threaded yet, but there is other 
software out there that is. Hopefully, one day LW will be too! Any 
feedback would be greatly appreciated, as we are pushing a deadline here.

			Thanks,

			Mike Crumpler
			Space Power Institute
			Auburn University 
--
"Michael S. Crumpler" <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]